The William Green House, listed on the state and national registers of historic places since the 1970s, is a significant example of colonial farmhouse architecture. This historic treasure, dating from ca. 1730, is located on the campus of The College of New Jersey in Ewing Township, NJ. An earlier house, to which the current house was attached, stood on the site circa 1700. Its roofline is preserved and visible from the 1830 portion of the house. In 2007, TCNJ funded a mothballing and stabilization of the house to ensure that no further deterioration occurs while funds are being raised. For several years the Friends, in partnership with TCNJ, were raising funds for a full restoration so the house can be used as an alumni house with a museum function; however, the college recently announced they will not sanction a use or help us to restore or maintain the house, despite the longstanding fact that they own the house. Due to their lack of commitment to maintaining a house that once was in livable condition, the house has been placed on the Preservation New Jersey 2015 list of 10 Most Endangered Historic Sites.